Follow Us and Subscribe to Our Various Channels:
2023 WAEC GCE Registration | Guidelines for Easy Registration Process. As the world continues to evolve, education remains a fundamental pillar for personal growth and success. The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has consistently been at the forefront of promoting quality education in the region. Once again, they are opening the doors to a world of opportunities with the commencement of the 2023 WAEC GCE (General Certificate Examination) registration. If you are a student aspiring to achieve academic excellence, this is your chance to seize the moment and secure your future. In this blog post, we will guide you through all the essential details and information you need to know about the 2023 WAEC GCE registration process.
Firstly, we want to let you know that the West African Examination Council (WAEC) has officially announced the commencement of registration for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for private candidates 2023 – second series. This notice informs the general public and intending candidates of the upcoming registration slated to begin on July 10, 2023. Registration will end on August 11, 2023. This is the official closing date for PIN generation. Biometric capturing and Online upload will end by Sunday, August 13, 2023, by 11:59 pm. Below are some key details on the registration of the 2023 WAEC GCE examination.
Do you know that you can get all the WAEC GCE mathematics past questions in one video playlist? Click HERE to watch.
- NECO Releases Results for 2023 SSCE Exams
- Navigating the JAMB 2024 Registration Process: A Comprehensive Guide
- WAEC Releases 2023 SSCE Results – How to Check Result
- 2023 WAEC GCE Registration | Guidelines for Easy Registration Process
- 2023 International Mathematical Olympiad Past Questions
Also, Watch How to Check WAEC Results:
2023 WAEC GCE Registration Details
- Registration Start date July 10, 2023
- The cost of registration is 18,000 naira (Eighteen Thousand Naira only)
- Registration requirement: National Identification Number (NIN)
- The closing date is August 11, 2023.
- Walk-in registration is Thirty Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (N30,500.00) only per candidate. Registration must be done not less than twenty-four hours before the scheduled time of the paper(s) intended to sit for.
The West African Examination Council (WAEC) conducts two series of the West African Senior School Certificate Examination for Private Candidates per year. The WASSCE for Private Candidates-First Series (Jan/Feb) and Second Series (Aug/Sept). And a total of Thirty-Six (36) subjects will be available for the examination. Candidates are required to confirm available examination towns and subjects before getting the registration PIN. To start the registration process, go to the under-listed bank to pay a non-refundable 18,000 naira.
- Access Bank Plc
- Ecobank Plc
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- First Bank of Nig
- First City Monument Bank Plc
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- Heritage Bank Plc
- Jaiz Bank
- Polaris Bank Ltd
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
- United Bank for Africa Plc
- Unity Bank Plc
- WEMA Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
This amount will include a 500 naira bank charge. After payment, you will get a registration PIN and a VCD containing information on the examination.
After obtaining the Registration PIN, candidates can go about their registration in two ways:
- Go to an accredited center for Capturing biometrics (Passport and fingerprints) and then log on to https://registration.waecdirect.org/ and click CONTINUE registration or
- Log on to https://registration.waecdirect.org/ and click START registration, fill in and save the information, then go and capture biometrics (passports and fingerprints) in WAEC-accredited centers. But be sure that at the point of biometric capture, the exact username, password, email, surname, first name, and other names used during online registration are used.
Candidates With Special Needs
Candidates with special needs will also register online like other candidates, but they must duly state their disabilities e.g., blind, low vision, speech, etc.
Candidates MUST conclude registration within two weeks of first access to the website during the registration period. They should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth, and subjects are correct. Any error will result to cost on the part of the candidates. They are also to print the admission notice, as Evidence of successful registration, which will serve as identification during the examination. The Result Checker PIN will also be on the Admission Notice. The acceptable fingerprint Scanner is the UareU digitalPersona fingerprint device.
General Information for Candidates
As you prepare to register and sit for the WAEC GCE second series examination, the following general information is necessary to take note of as this will assist you to abide by all the rules and regulations guiding the conduct of the examination:
- Candidates should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination
- Candidates should note that the registration fee is not refundable
- Candidates should continue to check the website for the examination Timetable
- Entries must be uploaded with passport photographs captured with a digital camera. The specification of the digital camera should be Microsoft HD 3000. The passport photographs must be of good quality BLACK & WHITE OR COLOUR (JPEG File only, 275 by 314 pixels with 72 Dbi resolution), and with a CONTRASTING BACKGROUND. There must be no obstructive items. Please note that the submission of a defaced or poor-quality photograph by a candidate would automatically invalidate the entry of the candidate. For further details, visit www.waecnigeria.org
- Candidates should study the Regulations and syllabuses for the examination which they can download from the WAEC website using the Registration PIN
- Candidates must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination halls
- The entire result of candidates who sit for the examination in more than one center will be canceled -Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
GCE past Question on Circle Geometry. Watch, like, comment, and Subscribe
In conclusion, we want to say thank you for reading this article “2023 WAEC GCE Registration | Guidelines for Easy Registration Process”, hope it was informative. if you desire to write to Us or comment on this article, we do appreciate hearing from you! Click HERE to join our discussion forum. In addition, click the various links below to follow and subscribe to our various social media handles.