GENERAL REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
JAMB registration requirements for 2022. Do you contemplate schooling in any Tertiary Institution in Nigeria? Then you must read these, the general requirements for admission into first degree, national Diploma (ND), National Innovative programs are five (5) O’level credit passes including the English Language. In addition, credit in mathematics is required for social science and science-based programs. Details are available in the JAMB e-brochure which will be issued to candidates at the point of registration. Let us consider some important requirements for Direct Entry (DE) candidates.
If you are reading this and have not joined or subscribed to any of our forums, then you are missing a lot. Click any of your desired links and subscribe or follow.
YouTube Channel (Click Subscribe);
New Track Online Tutorial on Facebook Group (Click Join)
New Track Online Mathematics Community (Click Register)
Firstly let’s consider some of the requirements for Direct Entry students, having seen the general requirements for all candidates.
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Candidates with any of the following qualifications may be considered for admission through Direct Entry:
- A minimum of O’level credit pass in five (5) SSSC subjects at not more two sittings with at least two prescribed subjects for each program (course of study) at Principal or Advanced level;
- Two passes [in a prescribed subject for each (program) course of study] at the A’level Examination awarded by IJMB, Cambridge, JUPEB, or institution of baccalaureate with other 3 credits pass in the SSSC.
- Credit passes in two major subjects in the NCE with 3 other credit passes in SSSC, NTC/NBC (mainly for Education/Technical programs)
- Minimum credit grade in university/ national Diploma or National Innovation Diploma with the appropriate O’level requirements.
- DE candidates will be required to provide their JAMB registration numbers with which they gained admission to NCE/NID/Diploma and previous degree programs;
- Registration for DE Candidates shall not be extended beyond the period allotted to both UTME/DE.
Furthermore, candidates must note the following warnings on some specific situations. It is noteworthy to note this in other to avoid defaulting.
List of JAMB’s accredited CBT centres in Lagos State, in video format. Check the description section of the video for other states:
According to the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), the following information are very important and must not be neglected:
- Candidates should not apply for UTME and DE at the same time. If any candidate applies through UTME and later obtains a Higher qualification, the UTME can be upgraded to DE at no cost. Indeed, it is a sanctionable infraction to obtain two application documents in the same year. Double/multiple registrations attract outright cancellation and prosecution.
- Candidates are not permitted to register more than once. In the event of any error during the registration process, such candidates are to seek correction from the Board. They are not to obtain a fresh application as doing so would attract sanctions;
- Registration can only be done at the centers listed on the board’s website and pasted at JAMB offices across the country. Anybody who registers outside these centers does so at his/her risk;
- Non-Candidates including parents/guardians or any proxy are NOT allowed to transact any business on any candidate’s profile. The registration process and all activities on candidates’ profiles are being monitored by the board. Defaulters shall be severely sanctioned. Any candidate who makes his password, profile code, or other security codes available to another person (parents, friends, tutorial teachers, fraudsters, etc) is liable for any alteration done by such person(s). Do not give your password to anybody including JAMB Officials. These security codes are not to be demanded at any registration center by any person for any purpose
ORDER OF CHOICE OF INSTITUTIONS
Every Candidate should note that their first choice can be a college of Education, University, Innovative Enterprise Institution, Polytechnic/Monotechnic, Nigeria Defence Academy, or Police Academy. Having looked at the JAMB registration requirements for 2022 and the order of institution for all candidates, let’s consider the schedule for the exams this year 2022.
Finally, all candidates looking forward to registering for the 2022 JAMB UTME examination should take note of the following dates. The dates are for the registration, mock examination, and the main examination:
- Registration starts 19th February 2022 and ends 26th March 2022;
- Mock Examination: 26th April 2022; and
- Examination Date: Starts 6th May 2022 and ends 16th May 2022 and it is going to be a Computer Based Test (CBT).
In conclusion, I want to recommend the following for candidates who truly want to hit a high score in the forthcoming JAMB UTME examination. Many students used these resources late year and proved it was very useful to their achievements.
- Watch the full video of all the topics in the first and section sections of the Jamb Mathematics syllabus on YouTube. Click HERE to watch Section 1 (Numbers and Numerations) and HERE to watch Section 2 (Algebra).
- Download a comprehensive copy of JAMB past question-and-answer Section 2 of the syllabus (Algebra) just Five hundred naira (N500) only. Click HERE to download. For Section 1 of the Syllabus (Numbers and Numerations), click HERE.